Thursday, July 3, 2008

Moving Day!

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I'm playing catch-up. On June 14, we moved out of our house and into my in-law's house (thank you so much for letting us crash with you for a couple of months!!). It was hot that day, but with all the help we had (thanks, everyone), it went pretty quickly. After moving everything out on Saturday, I spent Monday and Tuesday back at the Layton house cleaning everything, patching nail holes and touching up the paint, and moving a few last-minute things (like cleaning supplies, food, and our house plants)...it was a lot more work than I thought it would be, and I was EXHAUSTED!! I brought the kids with me and only had James' laptop and a few DVDs to keep them occupied, and they were surprisingly good. On Thursday, we had Zero-rez come and clean the carpets for us. It only took about 30 min to get the job done, and it was amazing how clean the carpets looked. James and I cleaned the carpets ourselves periodically (just by renting a carpet cleaner from Albertsons), but we couldn't hold a candle to what the zero-rez cleaners were able to do. I HIGHLY recommend them if anyone is in the market to have their carpets cleaned.

I have to admit, it was sad for me to do the final cleaning. As excited as I am for this new chapter in our lives, we had a good three years in that house. And while it wasn't a huge house, it was cozy...filled with good memories and love. From the first time that I set foot in that house, it felt like home to me. Matthew had his first steps there, and we brought home two of our sweet babies to that house. No matter where we go, or where we end up, I'll always have fond memories of our time spent there.
All our junk...amazing that we were able to do our first move as a married couple with only my uncle's small trailer and the back of my parents' truck...now we need the biggest truck U-haul has to offer!
The tired, but happy family!

1 comments:

Lhone said...

I know what you mean about the house. I felt sad and excited at the same time when we moved to morgan. I was sad to be leaving behind the place that so many memories were made. I'm sentimental like that.