Thursday, July 3, 2008

Burney Falls

Burney Falls is a California State Park that has great campgrounds, hiking trails, Lake Britton to play in, and of course these really beautiful falls. The hike down to the falls wasn't bad, and the mist and cool air from the falls felt great on a hot day. While there, I took the oppurtunity to do a little letterboxing. If you want to know more about what that is, visit: http://www.letterboxing.org/. It was the first time I tried it, and it was a lot of fun (thanks for the tip, Summer!) The only downside was Matthew came down with a fever while on the hike, and James had to carry him all the way back to the car while the rest of us had the fun of discovering our letterbox treasure. Burney Falls was beautiful, and we really enjoyed the night we spent camping there.



1 comments:

summer said...

Wow - what a great place to try your first letterboxing experience! I want to go there - it's gorgeous!! We are trying our first letterbox here in Tuesday - and I'm excited for it...there are a number in the area that can keep us busy, and then maybe I'll understand it more in the near future so that I could actually attempt to hide a box...maybe you can help me with that one!