One of the main events of our CA vacation was to try to locate and dig up the time capsule our family buried 18 years ago. All I'll say is that we buried it somewhere in Northern CA, but I'll leave the actual site a secret. We had compass coordinates, a hand-drawn map, and lots of pictures of where we buried it to aid us in our treasure hunt. However, one thing that really hampered the search was the presence of a snow bank directly over the spot where we thought we buried it. Dad, Brett, and Robb took turns clearing away over a foot of snow before they could dig down in the slightly frozen ground. It took awhile to find it...at one point, we wondered if it was even still there, or if it had been dug up by an animal, and was lost forever. Just when I was about to give up hope...Sucess!!! Dad and Brett unearthed it. It was a lot of fun to open it up and see what everyone had put in it. We had newspaper articles (one was the newspaper from the day after the San Francisco earthquake back in '89. We were living in the Bay Area at the time, and experienced that event). We also included a small amount of money, pictures, momentos from each family member, and my favorite part: a list of family predictions. It was funny to read through them and see which predictions actually came close, and which totally missed the mark. When I get a copy of them, I'll post a few...they're pretty amusing. Now we have to come up with the site for our next time capsule...
1 year ago




1 comments:
what a cool idea. I want to do something like that with my kids.
Post a Comment