Okay, so the cake was a bit of a disaster...poor Ethan, his birthday had to fall on one of the busiest days ever. What, with Matthew having his surgery and me packing like there's no tomorrow...his cake didn't get baked until after 7pm. Well, by that time, the kitchen was a little warm and the cake was still a little warm, but I frosted it anyways (it was either that or celebrate his birthday a day late...it was getting to be bedtime), so as you can see, the frosting is sliding off the cake. Luckily, Ethan was still excited about his Wiggles cake and didn't mind that it wasn't "perfect" and that's all that really matters anyways, right?
Ethan seemed to enjoy his birthday, if going around the house singing "Happy Birthday" to himself all day is any indication! Given his obsession with the Wiggles, we got him "Magical Adventure! A Wiggly Movie"...the parents' favorite. We also downloaded a CD's worth of songs from iTunes...a mixture of Wiggles, Backyardigans and Arthur. Again, James and I picked our favorites. Yes, we admit it (at least I do), we enjoy those songs as much as the kids...if not more! He'll also be getting Matthew's trike, once Matthew gets a bike for his birthday (shhh! It's a secret!)


Yay!! I did it!




3 comments:
Happy Birthday Ethan!!! He is such a cutie! I am glad he did a party and got wiggles stuff. He sure loves our kids wiggles toys. I can donate some! You want some REALLY noisy toys!? That is a good idea to make a cd of kids' songs. I bet my kids would love it, if I was in to that kind of thing.
Those are cute pictures. I wish I had a cake like that. Happy birthday. Love Rebecca
Okay So I've been catching up on your blog today so I have a long list of things to comment on. Happy birthday! I know 26 seems so much older than 25. I'm not far behind. I love love love the pictures you've been taking! the one with the cute feet just takes the cake for me. Speaking of cake holy cow what a cool birthday wish to come true! It has never really worked for me that I can remember. And Ethans cake is awesome I think its very fitting that the frosting was melty cuz it was a "Wiggles" cake it just addes to the wiggliness! And I am curious about those diapers I'm curious to know your findings.
Post a Comment