Six days after the big move(are we crazy or what?!), we went on vacation with my family. Our first stop was Fall River Mills, CA. My dad grew up there, and it was fun to see where he went to school, where he played football, where he lived, where he hung out, and the elementary school where my grandpa taught. Here are a few of the highlights:

After our visit, we now all have "Bulldog Pride"!

This was the sign in front of the high school...I found it amusing.

Fall River High School

Fall River Elementary, where my grandpa taught.


3 out of 4 of the Hays kids (Brooke and her husband couldn't make it) being kids

Just chillin'

The door to the classroom where my grandpa taught.

Ethan enjoying the merry-go-round at the elementary school playground

Matthew with his crazy uncle Robb


"Get me off this thing!!!"

Me in front of the ER where I got stitches when I was five, during one of our camping trips to Lassen.

The old Fall River Homestead (the trees in front have grown quite a bit, so I couldn't get a very good shot of it.)

This is the "Bulldog Bite", a place right across the street from the high school where you can buy concessions.

Where my dad played high school football.
It was a lot of fun to learn more about where I came from. Even though we'd visited Fall River when I was younger, I didn't remember much of it, so it was fun to get to see everything again.
1 comments:
I love, love, LOVE that there are small towns like this that are still around - it makes me remember that life can and is simple and that all the other extras...are just that extra - sometimes nice, but usually not necessary.
It makes me think of that line from Runaway Bride when the guy is doing his radio show and ends with something like, 'May the good Lord bless you that you can live in a small town too'!
Post a Comment