So, I took Ethan and Justin in for their well-child visits yesterday. Ethan is completely, totally, and 100% healthy, and holding steady at about 30 lbs. He's just above average in both height and weight. Woohoo!!
Justin, though healthy in every other aspect, will most likely have to wear a special helmet to help reshape his "abnormal" head. We've known that his head is less than perfectly round, but it has gotten better, and I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this, but it hasn't improved enough. Also, the doctor pointed out that it's not just the side of his head, but that his right eye and right cheek are a little off-center. I hadn't noticed it because he always tilts his head to one side, but once his doctor pointed it out...well, it's true. I know it's not really that big of a deal, it's like braces for his head, but it makes me sad. No one likes to hear that their baby isn't perfect. Thankfully it's a cosmetic thing, and not a health thing, I guess I'll just have to get over my pride. Also, our current insurance runs out in about 2 weeks, so we have to figure something out. I'm not sure what this procedure will cost, but I hear it's very, very expensive. Anyways, I'll let you know how it all turns out!
1 year ago




3 comments:
I know what you mean about not wanting to hear about your imperfect kids. But, this will be one of those things that he'll be able to say in those games when they talk about little known facts about them. I hope it isn't too expensive for you guys. He's a cutie!
Ditto that I hope the cost isn't something that ends up being way out there! I actually just took my youngest in to have a look at one of this feet - he really walks with it turned in and the problem seems to be in his knee, so the pediatrician wasn't sure how much could be done but we wonder what a specialist would say and then what kind of treatment would then follow. Yes - it's always hard to realize that our children are not absolutely, 110% perfect...and because of everything they are so perfect. I can't wait to catch up in person - when is your move again?!
oh...and ps...completely in love with your camera...you can take pictures of my children ANY TIME...in fact I should schedule an appointment with you when you could fit us in after the move. I LOVE it and hope to adopt a Nikki into our family someday soon as well! :)
Post a Comment