Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"They Have a Campus Right in Downtown Salt Lake City!"


Two Days Ago, while on our way to pick up Daddy:
Matthew: "Mom, you should go to Eagle Gate College." (a vocational community college)
Mom: "You think so, huh?"
Matthew: "Yeah, did you know that they have a campus right in downtown Salt Lake City?!"
Mom: Laughing
Matthew: Laughing, too. "I know. Right in downtown Salt Lake City. Can you believe it?!" Laughing some more.
Mom: "You are so silly, Matthew."
Yesterday, I was in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast, and Matthew was in our room watching TV (Backyardigans) on our computer:
Matthew: Running down the stairs, very excited. "Mom, you have to come see this."
Mom: "What is it?"
Matthew: "It's on TV. Come on!!!!"
Mom: "Can't you just tell me what it is?"
Matthew: "No, you really have to see this."
We go upstairs and he had paused, paused a commercial for, you guessed it, Eagle Gate College.
Matthew: "Check this out." Pressing play.
Mom: "Wow."
Matthew: "Wait, here comes the best part. Look, there's a map and it shows you how to get to their campus right in downtown Salt Lake City. Awesome."
Mom: "Again, Matthew, you are so silly!"
Just now, as I am typing this post, Matthew running up the stairs from the family room:
Matthew: "Mom, you just missed another commercial for Eagle Gate College."
Mom: "Oh, darn."

Wow. Eagle Gate College seems to have really missed the mark on their target audience. But, on the upside, they are apparently VERY popular with the preschool crowd.

4 comments:

Lhone said...

Well, maybe Matthew knows something that you don't. Are you SUPPOSED to be going to Eagle gate college? (That's right, I said Eagle Gate College)...I hate those commercials.

Andrea said...

Have you ever asked him why? I bet he comes up with something clever!

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

I'm still laughing, can you hear me? That was tooo funny, but tell Mathhew we're more BYU types (and you're not even 56 yet). There's still time. From, the 56 year old BYU Alum.

Judy said...

Sorry about peeking at your blog again...
But this is the funniest story! What a cutie, and you're a good writer.