Today was Matthew's first day of Preschool. Four other MBA spouses and I formed a preschool group. We meet once a week and rotate who gets to host and teach. This week it was my turn. I taught about nutrition, the letter A, and the color Red. Here's what we did:
First, we read this book:

and discussed eating healthy foods like the caterpillar.
Then, we tried stacking as many Red(ish) Apples as we could,

after reading this book:

Next, we pasted pictures of nutritious foods on Red plates and talked about all th different kinds of healthy foods that we can eat. 

After that, we had a delicious and healthy snack of honey-sweetened plain yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and kiwi. Yum!





2 comments:
wow. what a cool idea for preschool. I loved doing a neighborhood preschool for Brandon, it was good for him. I liked how much you covered for one day! You are so creative!
Good job! I think that the kids are going to LOVE coming to your house. AND I am sure that Matthew is proud that you are his mommy. By the way, I love the new grown up clothes!
Post a Comment