+
=
(snapped tendon)
(snapped tendon)Almost 3 weeks ago, I was playing flag football (on the MBA Spouses' intramural team...all part of my seizing new opportunities attitude I've adopted), and I thought I jammed my finger...actually I thought I broke my finger, but someone (don't want to name names here) (James) convinced me that it was just jammed, saying "What is a doctor going to do besides put a splint on it?" So, I went to Walmart and got a splint. It hurt like crazy, and I complained like crazy, but James kept reassuring me. "My finger won't straighten out" I would say "Don't worry" James would say. So, since I knew I was being thought of as a wuss, I stopped complaining about it. Then, today I was at the physical therapist's office with Justin, and he offered to take a look at my finger for me. "Snapped tendon" he proclaimed, and was mystified that I'd lived with the pain and didn't go to the doctor. He showed me how to properly brace it, and hopefully it's not too late for it to heal straight...otherwise I'll just have a permanently bent fingertip and you can all call me gimpy. Oh, and just for the record, I'm not mad at James, we had good laugh about it on the phone today, and I got to say "I told it wasn't 'just jammed'. And, I was NOT just being a wimp!"






3 comments:
man, sucks. but, Flag football is TOTALLY worth it. I'm jealous (of the football, not the finger)
Sorry, I was with James on this one. Good thing you were able to have Justin's doc look at it.
Owie! I would not have been so sweet...was to go trooper. I guess now we know that we can't trust James with your medical care! Joe is in the same boat...ever since the appendix incident he is not in charge anymore!
Post a Comment