We moved out of the house we've called home for the last two years, and moved in with James' parents. It was harder than anticipated to leave our neighborhood and ward. Tears were shed.
***
We got a no from a company that we were about 90% sure we'd get a yes from.
***
I turned 28, but lost my mind and told everyone that I was turning 27. Embarrassing!
***
Ethan turned 4!! He requested a Hawaii cake. I did my best to oblige :)


***
The boys took swimming lessons from the awesome swim instructor next door.




***
James and I took swimming lessons from the awesome swim instructor next door. I will not be making an appearance in the 2012 Olympics, but at least now I won't drown. :)
***
Brett and Michelle came to visit. Michelle and the kids were here for two weeks, and it was awesome. I loved getting to know Michelle better, and our kids are now best friends. It was hard to see them leave. :(
***
We hiked to the "M"... at least James and Matthew did (along with Brett, Tyler and Rebecca). Ethan got about halfway there and refused to go another step. "Next time, let's pick a smaller mountain," he suggested as we sat on the trail and waited for everyone else to finish the hike.
***
We went swimming at an aquatic center and I ran into one of my old roommates and her family. It was fun to catch up after 8 years.
***
Natalie learned how to feed herself table foods - no more baby food (which she refused to eat anyways), learned how to crawl, climb the stairs, and pull herself up on furniture.
***
We figured out that Justin is left-handed.






6 comments:
The birthday cakes are beautiful as usual! Ethan's hike experience reminded me of when we hiked Mount Lassen when Brooke was 4 years old. The only thing that kept her going was the promise of Skittles at the next bend in the trail! It took a long time, but she made it. I think she doesn't like hiking very much to this day! I feel like Ethan most the time when we hike! His comment made me laugh!
So Justin is a lefty! So was your Aunt Debbie. As a result Uncle Mark learned to eat with his left hand since he sat next to Debbie at the table! I can't believe how much the grandkids are growing up! We love them so much!
wow, that was quite the update. SO much has happened. but, where are the pictures of you at swimming lessons?
I love hearing about your family. Your kids are in such a cute stage of life. Your hiking story really made me laugh. I am glad your summer is going well. Miss you all!
See... but you... so talented... can make those dolls. Mine would look frightening!!!
Lefties are cute! Regardless of what Steve says.
Post a Comment