Besides my family (obviously), these are a few things that I love and that bring me joy:
I really should sew more, and I plan to. Not only does sewing bring me joy (finally, after 18 years of practice!), but so does my sewing machine. This was my mom's and she gave it to me on my first married Christmas (after she upgraded to a Pfaff :) ). It's older than me, and I learned how to sew on this machine. Definitely one of my treasures.
Because drinking hot chocolate is even more fun in my big red mug.
Not only is it cool to look at, with it's vintage vibe and all, but it allows me take TTV photographs.
This was a bridal shower gift from one of my favorite Young Women's leaders. In the card that accompanied it, she wrote "As you turn the blocks each day, may you remember the special times, and the moments that bring you joy."
This is a large spaghetti bowl that was given to us as a gift from our real estate agent and mortgage broker when we bought our first house. I use it as a fruit bowl and keep it on my counter so that I can always look at it. Not only do I love the bright, happy colors, but it will always remind me of the happiness that we had in our first little home.






7 comments:
What a good idea, it is nice to reflect on the things that make us smile and not have it necessarily have to be our kids because we all know that, but there are those other things that brighten our day. I like to drink hot chocolate too, and mugs make all the difference.
i found your blog on the comment you left on candida's blog. this post is really cute. i LOVE the vintage camera. did you say you got it off ebay? you'll have to remind me, because i'm pretty sure i HAVE to have one.
ADORABLE! glad you made yourself known so i could take a peak.
i am dying to learn how to sew but for the meantime love crocheting.
fun post.
also i saw you look at a room somewhere. leslie is my sister in laws best friend. crazy crazy connections!
Cool pics. It's cool that you reflect on the simple things that bring you pleasure.
YOu have mad skills! I love Willow Tree figurines too. That one is especially touching. :-)
I also loved the picture Matthew drew of the family. i love the things kids say! They are funny.
That blog brought tears to my eyes! Your photographs have so much feeling in them and I love the memories with each object. I especially enjoyed the parts about the Willow Tree figurine and your block calendar. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment