I love Christmas, and it's always sad when it's over, but do you know what I also love? New Year's resolutions. I love the start of the new year, and the feeling that I get that this is my chance to really better myself. Call me a freak, but the possibilities excite me.
I'm also one of those people that like to make signs and post them around the house to keep me motivated. When James was preparing for the GMAT, I made some lovely signs that said things like: "Kick that GMAT's booty out the door!" Silly, yes, but it got the job done...James did awesome...I like to take at least a little credit for that (wink).
That was a really long way of me saying that in the coming days, there will probably be equally awesome signs gracing various parts of our home to keep me motivated. You should try it, it's fun.
So, without further ado:
- Get organized!
This is my main resolution. If I can tackle this one, some of my smaller goals will fall into place.
- Exercise five days a week.
With some of my Christmas money, I bought a beginners yoga DVD. I did prenatal yoga (from a DVD) when I was pregnant with Justin, and I really enjoyed it. That, along with a pilates DVD that I already have, and running on the treadmill should keep me fit, and energized.
- Feed my family healthier meals.
By this I mean using fresh foods (not so much processed stuff) and incorporating more fruits and vegetables.
I really think that these are manageable goals, so wish me luck!
Oh yes, and my new theme for the year is courtesy of Elder Wirthlin: "Come what may, and LOVE it!" (hopefully what comes my way will be easy to love...he he.)




3 comments:
The first two are good. We'll have to talk about the third one.
haha...james is funny. I need a sign of that quote and put it ALL around my house. I love the sign idea. I should stick one on the TV so that the first thing I watch is my turbo jam, which is way harder than it looks for those of us who might be uncordinated. Sounds like we have a lot of the same goals, so keep me informed of how you are actually going to pull all this off. So far I have been doing the dishes, yea for me, and trying to go through everything. Good luck, and good luck getting james to eat healthy!
I like the thought of leaving motivating signs in the house. I think my kids would really respond to that. I know we need some more positive energy around our house.
Post a Comment