Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sometimes Mistakes Are Good

My really terrific Mother-in-law made copies of the pictures that she had taken over Christmas and sent them to us. It's really great because we neglected to bring our camera on some of our outings (I know, and me, supposedly a photographer). Anyways, if anyone in our little family made it into the shot, she made a copy for us. We got the package of pictures in the mail yesterday, and had a great time looking through them...Matthew snatched every single picture that he was in and ferreted it up to his bunk bed, a.k.a. his treasure chest of all things he deems cool.
Okay, getting to the point:
When we got to the last picture, we were a little surprised because it was of our brother-in-law. A really awesome shot from our sledding trip (and contrary to what Matthew thinks, I don't think he's crying. It was unbearably cold that day, but not cold enough to make a grown man cry).

Even though I think the picture made it into our packet by mistake, we LOVE it. As you can see, we even made a nice home for it with the rest of our pictures.



It has a nice "brooding artist" feel to it, don't you think?
See, sometimes mistakes are good!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I recognize that guy...I think my mom made a couple of those kinds of mistakes because we got a picture of Dave and Ashton sledding in our group. Cracks me up that you would put it on your shelf though. And no Matthew, I don't think he's crying, I think that has only happened a handful of times since I've known him, but eh sure does look to be lost in thought...

Lhone said...

Ha! Funny pic. You should entitle it "Weight of the World." You guys are funny, putting it on the shelf. I feel left out, i didn't get pics of anyone else, just us.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

What can I say, I tried! Cindy

Kristen Mackrory said...

It does have a nice feel to it! What a nice photo arangement. Photos have an ability to make a place home when it wouldn't otherwise feel like home!

Fowler family said...

by the way, I love your playlist. My boys and I have been dancing in the family room to your "Hello Seattle" over and over (seriously, we've played it 4 times now). What a great playlist you have! I know where to come to listen to great tunes!

Cynthia Hatch said...

Oh man, we needed a picture of Dave and Ashton together for primary today. I had to go digging for one. Can't believe Andrea has one right on hand. I need to do a better job of picture taking since it took me forever to find one. Heather you crack me up. :-)

Judy said...

I peeked in on your blog again... hope that's ok. This post made me smile.