Okay, so I know I complained about all my little trials last week, but this week, I can honestly say that I'm grateful for them. Those smaller trials have helped prepare me for the last couple of days. Ethan woke up yesterday throwing up, and had a rather miserable day (he's doing fine now) and Matthew has a nasty cold that makes it very difficult for him to sleep. Long story short - I've been doing a lot of laundry (to clean up after Ethan) and I've had to stay up with both Ethan and Matthew to try and make them as comfortable as possible so at least they can get some rest. And you know what, it hasn't really been that bad. I normally get really stressed out when my kids are sick (especially if they're throwing up), but last week prepared me for this one. I was used to not getting as much sleep because Ethan hasn't been sleeping as well, and I've been used to doing a lot more laundry than usual because Matthew's been having so many accidents (he's doing much better now - Yay!!) plus, I have a little more patience now. So yes, I really am grateful for those trials because they've made handling these bigger ones a lot easier.
Not to get all dramatic or anything, but I think my biggest problem last week was that I allowed the adversary to frustrate me. I had set all these goals to be a better wife and mother and to raise a better family, and I think he wanted to do whatever he could to stop me from following through, and I let him. Now, one of my goals is to quit being so pessimistic, and just adapt to things better. Nothing is ever as bad as I let myself believe and our trials really do work for our benefit, if we let them. I'm going to try harder to not get discouraged and look for the bright side of every seemingly bad situation. For instance: yesterday when Ethan was feeling miserable, I was holding him on my lap on the couch. Then, Matthew came in and sat in a different chair. When Ethan saw him, he jumped down from my lap and climbed up on the chair with Matthew. Matthew could tell that Ethan wasn't feeling well, so he put his little arm around him and patted his head and kept telling him "it's okay, it's okay". They don't always get along, but they really do love each other(and for that I'm thankful). When Ethan was sitting there with Matthew, it was the first time he had smiled all day and I was glad I got to witness it. It's moments like those that make me thankful that I'm a mother. My boys may be sick, I may be dead tired, I may have more chores to do than energy to do them, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. What I'm doing is the most worthwhile thing in the world, and it is worth it, after all...plus I have the support of a really great husband who actually thanked me this morning for all that I do for our little family. Yep, life is good.
1 year ago




1 comments:
What a precious moment. That makes everything worth it doesn't it. And its funny how problems turn out to prepare you for something else a little bigger and in the end somehow it counts as a blessing.
Post a Comment