Monday, October 29, 2007

Making Halloween Cookies


My parents came down for the weekend. My dad was presiding over a funeral for one of the members of my home ward that passed away. It was held in Provo. I'm sad for their family, but I'm glad that we got to see my parents. While they were here, my mom gave us some fun Halloween cookie cutters to use...and today we did! As you can see we made quite a mess (I'm not the cleanest person when I cook!), but it was a lot of fun.





These are the finished cookies.














Matthew had fun choosing which shapes to use and pressing them into the dough.

















Ethan had fun making a mess...
















...and eating the finished product.











And mom, if you're reading this, Matthew just pretended to call you. He said, "the cookies are selicious (that's what he said, it's not a typo), thank you for giving them!"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a good mommy you are! I'm excited for Savannah to help with baking. She does now but its mostly stirring the ingredients with a giant wooden spoon and then scooping out the ingredients on to the table. She loves helping though so I don't mind that much. I leave the light on in the oven and she loves to watch things cook.

Heather said...

Matthew is old enough that he can "help" a little more, but still it's just more of a controlled mess. I'm with you, though, they love to help, and I don't want to discourage that, so I let them, even though it takes longer and is messier. Matthew's favorite thing is to help make Kool-aid, and Ethan likes to hand me clean dishes from the dishwasher to put away (I have to hurry and put away anything sharp because he comes running when he hears me open the dishwasher)