For FHE last night, we carved pumpkins. Matthew was really exctited...he's been asking for the past three days if it was time to carve pumpkins yet. James and I have been really surp
rised, but Matthew remembers last Halloween in surprising detail. He even knows where I hid (I guess I didn't do such a great job of "hiding") all the pumpkin carving tools and tried to hack his way through one the other day (eek!!). Ethan really got into it this year, too. Let's see, he ate the pumpkin pulp, he tried to eat a pumpkin seed, he ate part of a crayon that we used to draw on the pumpkins with...you know Ethan!
Anyways, this year has been a lot of fun for me because both kids are old enough to really have fun with traditions. This year we even let Matthew choose what he wanted to be for Halloween...I guess that's why it's something more normal...sadly, no more Harpo Marx or Magnum PI.




2 comments:
How cute! They both look like they had a ball. Savannah wasn't diggin' the messiness. She holds out her hands stiffly and has a distressed look on her face and shouts "Hands!!! Gross!" Its pretty funny. She loves to stare at them though. It really is so much fun to show your kids fun traditions for the holidays! I love it!
Yeah, I guess that's one difference between little boys and girls...Ethan and Matthew LOVE messiness. They don't like to be dirty for very long, I have to clean them up, but they love to squish, smash, dump, you name it.
Post a Comment