Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fishin' and Stuff

(I love that Ethan looks like he's picking his nose. Because he's not really. But it looks like he is. And it's funny.)
On Saturday, my Dad took the boys fishing in the creek up our road. But first, they caught grasshoppers to use as live bait. Yummy.

Ethan really doesn't care for animals. Not dogs. Not cats. Not pigs. Not ducks. And apparently not fish either. :)

Justin's fish slipped off the hook before we could get a picture. Instead, we told him to hold out his hands to show how big "the one that got away" was. Try as we might to get him to hold his hands waaaaaay out, he wouldn't do it. Gotta love honesty. :)

After fishing, we decided to let the kids play in the creek. My dad caught this frog for the kids to touch. We tried to get Natalie to kiss it, but no dice.

Wow, it was cold!!

The cold didn't seem to bother Natalie, though. I stripped her down to her onesie, and held her so she could dip her feet in. But that wasn't enough for her. She kept doing the "dead weight drag" so I would drop her all the way in.

I gave in and sat her by the edge of the creek. Here she is trying to dive all the way in. :)

2 comments:

Lhone said...

maybe natalie will be your fish! That is a cool river to be fishing in. Blaine would be sad, he has gone fishing a few times and hasn't caught anything.

Cynthia Hatch said...

Natalie must be a water baby. I love it. Did I hear more animal cruelity to grasshopper? For shame!