On Saturday evening, we went to Brooke and Al's place (my sister and her husband) so that the boys could feed their ducks and the fish that live in their pond.
They fed them little brown pellets. Ethan, who wasn't so sure he liked the ducks, would grab a handful and launch it skyward. He had fun, and it got the job done.
Matthew was brave and held their baby duck "Hide and Seek".
So did Justin.
After the ducks had stuffed themselves, my mom and sister took the kids over the hill to play on some swings. Meanwhile, Al stayed behind with James and I so that we could do a little recreational shooting.
The only shooting I had ever done up to that point was with airsoft guns when I was like 12 for 4-H, and once, James took me to an indoor shooting range when we were dating. I shot the gun once, and that was enough for me. I spent the rest of the time fighting tears. Guns made me nervous and I didn't care to ever handle one again.
But since then, Brooke has become quite a sharp-shooter and both my sisters-in-law went shooting while they visited Montana so I decided to give it a try. Plus, Brooke has an awesome pink gun. How could I say no?
I forgot to take pictures of the targets, but they look something like this. This picture is courtesty of google images.
We shot with a pistol and also with a .22. Neither of us could hit a target with the pistol. We would get really close, but never made contact.
James hit most of his targets.
So did I. I hit 8 out of 10. I think I could have hit the other two if I hadn't been so nervous. For someone who hated guns, I really did have a lot of fun. We'll have to go back earlier in the year sometime so that we can practice on gophers next time :)
While we were shooting, these cows wandered over the hill behind us to see what was going on.
1 year ago




3 comments:
From the title of this post, I thought you were having duck for dinner.
You take such amazing pictures Heather.
amazing. i wish i could do landscapes half as well as you do!
i love the one of you shooting the gun. i don't see nearly enough of you on your blog (downside of being the primary photographer!).
Post a Comment