Our little Nattles is growing up. She'll be five months soon, and is this close to sitting up on her own. Even though she can't quite sit up yet, she's been quite mobile for awhile. Aside from the fact that she's an expert roller, she has another trick up her sleeve. While on her back, she'll bend her knees and propel herself backwards across the floor. And seriously, she's fast. You put her down on the floor, and she takes off like a bullet. Which is funny, except when I'm changing her diaper and I take my eyes off her for one second to retrieve a wipe or a diaper, and she's gone. Due to this habit of hers, we have no real hope of the hair on the back of her head ever growing back :)
All in all, she's a good baby. Lots of smiles and happy little growls (how she shows supreme happiness). Like Ethan, she gets HYPER when she's tired. I know it's time for bed when she's kicking and flailing like mad. When I put her down in her crib, she'll buck around on her back until she expels her excess energy and then falls peacefully asleep. When she's not tired, she's content to sit on my lap and observe whatever it is I'm doing. She doesn't nap much during the day, but she's been sleeping through the night for a couple months now, so I really can't complain.
I started her on rice cereal this week. I think I started Matthew on rice cereal when he was about three months old, in a desperate attempt to get him to sleep through the night (or at least for more than an hour at a time). With Natalie, I've been in no hurry. I was going to wait until she was six months, but she seemed ready, so I gave it a go. It was a HUGE hit. She kept opening her mouth for more, and did a good job of swallowing and not spitting too much out. She's getting so big. Sniff.

I was able to pick this monstrosity up for FREE! She's a busy little girl and we both like that she now has something to keep her occupied.
And, this is Nattles in her sling. I use it when I go grocery shopping, and around the house when she's fussy, but I need to get things done. She loves it. She's my little kangaroo baby.





5 comments:
Okay, I am jealous. First, she sleeps through the night? I've never had a little baby sleep through the night. Plus, look at all her hair! You can braid it. And, You're hot! Look how skiny you are. Those jeans are awesome. Being in the "beached whale" stage, I am jealous beyond belief. Totally jealous.
ps. tell James to sign up on tucanos.com for a free meal during his birthday month and we'll meet you there sometime. call me, we have a plan.
Natalie is growing up so fast! We can't wait to see her again!
You are such a cute mommy!
I think Natalie and Erin probably have similar bald spots. Erin scoots by lifting up her bum and pushing with her heels. It is so funny to watch and she is totally bald in the back. She doesn't even try to roll over.
WOW! i love hearing about her. it's so fun to compare and contrast with elena since they are merely days apart.
she is adorable.
Post a Comment