Thursday, December 4, 2008

Since We've Been Home

Life has been CRAZY. What with my photography, James' school, Dr. appointments, Christmas functions, MBASA activities, and life... well, I would take a picture and show the state of our house, but I'm too embarrassed. Think of the messiest house you've ever seen, and multiply it by 300,000,000.33(repeating, of course).
I finally admitted it to James, and I will admit it to you. I hate cleaning. I hate it. I love having a clean house, but I don't like to be the one to do it. Actually, there are times that I enjoy cleaning, but I hate having to pick up after other people. I actually went down to the play room and threw out two bulging bags of toys and games because the boys can't keep things picked up...yep, I'm one of those moms. Matthew caught me trying to sneak out to the garbage cans, and asked while eyeing the bags suspiciously (they're white, so you could clearly see their toys and games), "Hey mom, whatcha got there?" Anyways, I clean, I enjoy it for all of five minutes, then I could start the whole process all over again, and again, and again (.33 repeating of course). I don't enjoy spending every waking moment cleaning. There, I said it.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor about my gimpy finger...finally. So yes, I did not jam my finger, I tore some tendons. I braced it on my own for several weeks, but it's still not better. My options at this point are give it a go with a "real" splint specifically designed to cure the problem (apparently if you get the brace on your finger within 3 months of the incident, it can still work...I'm at 2 1/2 months right now), or go to an orthopedic specialist for surgery. We're trying the splint first. I have to leave it on for eight weeks, and I cannot, under any circumstances bend that finger. If I do, I erase any good that's been done, and we're back at square one. Surgery, with our "insurance" would set us back about $2000. Yeah. Oh, and don't even get me started on our "insurance". The fact that they will actually research loopholes (I kid you not) to get out of paying for Justin's appointments up at Primary Children's burns me up inside. Burns. Me. Up.

Enough rant.

Well, I have dishes and laundry calling my name, and we're trying to get decorated for Christmas (yay!), so ...

The end.

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I'm sorry about your finger! I hope the splint works, I love your blog! I decided you don't need to make Christmas cards. The thig at the top of your blog will work...so cute! Did you do it in Photoshop?

Lhone said...

AMEN!!!I HATE picking up after people. And yes, you can make the older kids pick up, but even BRYSON! makes a huge mess. He drags stuff all over the house, pulls stuff out of boxes, drawers, cupboards....They are all mess makers and it makes me angry to have to deal with it! So, the day is spent either picking up, or getting someone to pick it up. Usually by the end of the day I just give up and go to bed with a messy house thinking I'll just clean it tomorrow.