So, I realize that I haven't been the greatest at keeping up with my blog lately. Sorry. I've been swamped, frantically trying to get family pictures edited for clients in time for Christmas cards. I had to stay up very late three nights last week (going to bed anywhere from 2:30am to 5:00am...crazy, I know). I've really enjoyed it, but I'm glad that at least for now, I'm done. I plan to take a nice long break!
So, are you ready for the updates?
Christmas Garland
I decided to go old school and make a garland for our Christmas tree out of popcorn and cranberries. It took a long time, and it's not as long as it should be, but I actually enjoyed it. Ethan and Matthew helped by handing me the popcorn and cranberries, and James helped by popping the corn on the stove
Justin
I took Justin in for his 9 month check-up (just a little late) and he looks good. He weighs 22 lbs. and is 27 inches long. He's finally starting to stretch out...at least a little. He jumped from the 5th percentile in height to the 25th, so he's made progress! (In case anyone is wondering, he's in the 55th percentile for weight, so he's still short and fat!)
He's finally tall enough that he's been pulling himself up on anything and everything, and is so proud of himself when he does. He's also learned to climb the stairs with his two older brothers cheering him on and keeping him safe. Matthew climbs up the stairs behind him to catch him in case he falls, and Ethan climbs the stairs ahead of him encouraging him the whole way. It's pretty cute to watch!
Oh, and one of the things that we've been concerned about with him is his eating. He pushes food around in his mouth and then spits it out. He's wanted nothing to do with baby food for the last couple of months, and the only foods that we've gotten him to tolerate are avocados and mandarin oranges. Since he'll eat those two things, the pediatrician thinks he's just a picky eater, and that it's not a bigger problem like he doesn't know how to swallow or something. ANYWAYS, we're supposed to be trying out tons of different foods to see what he'll eat. I think the doctor had more nutritious things in mind, but we can now add chocolate doughnuts, candy canes and m&m's to the list of things he'll eat.
Ticket
I got a speeding ticket on Wednesday. I guess I technically deserved it, but it was still kinda cheap. I was driving in a part of town that I don't normally drive in. I was driving 37 mph on a 35 mph road...at least I thought it was 35. I guess I wasn't totally paying attention and drove through a school zone at that speed. It was at lunch time, there were no children in sight, no cones in the crosswalk, no crossing guard...the street was practically deserted. I didn't see any flashing lights to signify the 20 mph zone, and there were four of us cars all going the same speed. I just happened to be the last one line, so I'm the one that got pulled over.
When I saw the police lights, I pulled over, but I fully expected him to drive right by. I was shocked, shocked that he had pulled me over, the girl who has NEVER gotten pulled over ever, and prides herself on ALWAYS going the speed limit. I was embarrassed to say the least, and I cried, of course, but it did me no good. I either have to pay the ticket or go to traffic school. Not awesome.
Just to make things a little more interesting, I was on my way to a friend's house for lunch when I got pulled over, and I was a total, embarrassing wreck when I got there. Thanks, Kristen, for being so nice and understanding about it all!




3 comments:
Steve got a ticket in Morgan... If that ever happens, a word of advice - don't tell the cop that you are from around town. The cop upped the ticket! We think it was because the cop thought that being from out of time we wouldn't fight it. And we didn't I guess the cop won.
I'll be your shoulder to cry on any time...cuz I know you'd do the same for me!! Thank you for still coming despite it being a very difficult morning. I didn't know that there had been 3 other cars all going the same speed. THAT IS CHEAP!
Oh and I love your "discussing the dinner menu with Matthew." HILARIOUS!
Oh, and we've heard a lot about the whole "kids need to try it 15 times before they aquire a taste for it" thing. Bryson was a SUPER picky eater, but we have been just putting things in his mouth over and over and over. Even knowing that he'll spit it out. But, now he is eating stuff he absolutely refused to eat before. We've learned from brittany...it's easier to shove it in their mouth as a baby, than as a thinking, reasoning person. You don't have to feed them the food. Give them what they like after, but take the first 5 mins to put whatever new thing into their mouth. That way they'll aquire the taste for another time. Just a thought.
Post a Comment