If you couldn't tell already, I love signs.
When I was in college, and still single, my roommates and I had a giant orange cardboard carrot (long story) that we used as a quote board. One of my quotes that was written on it had something to do with getting married in August of that year...mostly as a joke...but I wanted it to happen. However, I wasn't dating anyone, so the chances of an August wedding were slim to none. But that quote was something that I saw everyday, and my roommates and I joked about it all the time. Enter James. We dated for four months, got engaged, and were married in August. Wow.
When we needed to buy a bigger car a few years ago, but had no money to buy a bigger car, I printed out a picture of our dream car and taped it to our bathroom mirror. I hoped that by seeing it everyday, we'd be able to figure out a way to make our dream come true. After several months, lots of saving, and a small raise at James' work, we were able to buy our dream car: the Honda Pilot. We were able to accomplish something that we thought was impossible.
When James was preparing for grad school, he took the GMAT...twice. The first time didn't go very smoothly. So, as he prepared for a second go-around, I posted all sorts of silly, albeit encouraging signs about taking the GMAT. When he re-took the test, he did incredibly well. I like to think his success was all due to my awesome signs, and although that might not be totally true, I think it did help. :)
So, like I said, I love signs, and I think they can have a really positive effect on your life. Here's another one that I made. I know the scriptures I used are really long, and normally you probably wouldn't put something that lengthy on a sign, but they're important scriptures, and something I want to remember and something that I want my family to remember. It will be a large sign. Either 16x24 or 24x36...I haven't decided yet. Here it is:
And to give credit where credit is due, the tree is a digital scrapbooking element I had, you can find it HERE.
1 year ago




2 comments:
seriously LOVE it!!!!
and talk to Brittany N. about signs, she's all about them too, they have a wish board.
i believe in the power of positive thinking. all these signs would be awesome all over the place.
Post a Comment