My beautiful girl. She's sweet and spicy all in one. She has a mind of her own with a little bit of mischief sprinkled in. She can hold her own with her brothers, but will also sit still while I paint her toenails. One minute she's all independence, exploring the house all by herself, and the next, she's curled into my chest while I kiss her cheeks and stroke her hair.
I've tried my best to enjoy every moment with her. Though I was exhausted, I enjoyed the early mornings when she was a newborn, when it was whispered to my soul that these moments won't last forever. After she was fed, we would stay in the rocking chair. She would nestle into my neck, her downy head resting just beneath my chin. We glided slowly back and forth. And I would hold her long after she fell asleep. Time wasn't measured in minutes or hours, but in her tiny precious breaths - I relished each one.
"Can't she be my baby forever?", I ask James. Even though he promises me that she can, I know that she won't be. A chapter is closing in our lives. I can't stop time, and I can't stop her from growing up, but I can enjoy what she has to offer today, and everyday, and be thankful for my beautiful girl.
1 year ago




6 comments:
That was beautifully said and the pictures are amazing. I love how you captured her.
What a sweetie! I love how she wonders into the office when I'm working just to check out what's going on. After she is satisfied everything is fine, off she goes to check something else out. Fun!
She is cute, and a nice finale to all the boys!
ok, I'm not blogging anymore...I've cried for TOO LONG. I have felt this same way with our puppy banana. I'm sad its over. I'm not going to ever have a little newborn again. They grow up so fast its amazing. Love the pics.
I felt that way with every phase of life, but have loved every phase of life! I loved being a mom to babies, children, teenagers (yes, I said loved) and now it's wonderful to have adult children. Having a family is the greatest blessing on earth!
made me tear up! such a sweet tribute that she will LOVE reading when she's older.
Post a Comment