Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Sad, Sad Day


So, Sunday night, James got violently ill with the stomach flu, then Monday morning, Ethan got sick, then Monday afternoon, I got sick...again. Luckily, I didn't throw up this time, but I was still plenty miserable. We don't know why, but every year in the Spring, our family gets hit over and over again with stomach flu. Pretty soon I'm going to have to demote Spring from my number one favorite time of year.

Well, Ethan seemed to make a miraculous recovery...after about 11am, he seemed to be fine, and decided to exercise a little creativity with our new couch. While James and I were dying in bed, he found a pen (not sure where, I try to keep them out of reach) and drew all over the couch with it. Well, we were plenty upset about it, but we're glad that we bought the Leather Protection Policy when we bought the couch. It covers things like when your two-year old draws on it with pen. A "technician" is coming out next week to see if he can clean the ink off, and if not, they'll replace the cushions that are written on. Phew! Don't know what we're going to do about that kid. He was such a good baby....

2 comments:

Lhone said...

oh my!!!! Don't you just want to strangle them when they do stuff like that? How lucky is that to have a protection plan for the sofa. I'll have to remember that one. And, yeah... brittany and BJ were both good babies. It's always the good ones that you have to watch out for. I think they were good because they spent the first year of their life trying to think of all the ways they could destroy the house once they were able to move.

Lhone said...

one more thing...I'm glad to hear that it isn't just our kids that destroy things. I feel sometimes like other people look down on us for how our kids are behaving. so I guess your misery makes me happy? ha!