Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy new year!

Well, Christmas is over, the decorations are put away, and it's time to move on to a brand new year. I always get a little sad the day after Christmas, and this may seem weird, but the thing that makes me feel better is packing up the decorations as soon as possible. For some reason, having Christmas decorations up past Christmas seems sad to me. I like to get everything packed up, get my house organized, and prepare for the new year. This year, my main resolution is to get REALLY organized so that it will be easier to keep my house clean. I try so hard to be a good housekeeper, and I feel like I fall short so often...so, I keep setting it as a goal, and maybe one of these years I'll accomplish it!

As for the family, Matthew and Ethan have been fighting colds, but they seem to be doing better now. Ethan got sick first. It started with a cough, then a runny nose, and then he had a fever for five days, so we took him in to the doctor's on New Year's (what a way to spend the holiday, right?) It turned out to be an ear infection, (his first) which was a relief...I was just glad that it wasn't pneumonia or something. I didn't think that his cough sounded bad enough, but you never know. Then, Matthew got the cough, runny nose, and fever. Thankfully, his fever, though pretty high, only lasted a day, so they're both on the mend, which is good. James kept thinking that he was coming down with something, but he hasn't, so I guess he dodged the bullet.

In other news, James and I are Sunbeam teachers this year, so we have Matthew in our class, which should be a lot of fun. They split his age group into two classes, so each class only has 4 kids in it. On Sunday, it looked like Matthew was going to be the only one from our class to come...that would have been funny, James and I with just Matthew all during class. But then, another girl came, so that was good. We made crowns, and Matthew loves his. He wears it all day everyday...he's pretty proud of it.

It's been snowing quite a bit here. It's the snowiest winter we've had in awhile. Well, when you start talking about the weather, that usually means you don't have anything left to talk about, so I guess I'll go.
Take care, and happy new year!

0 comments: