Well, we finally did it, we got the boys bunk beds. We thought it was probably time to move Ethan to a "real" bed, and we thought it would be fun and save space to get bunk beds for them.
After looking around at local stores, we took a risk and ordered the bed from an ebay store. We got a great deal on it, but I have to say that I was really nervous that it would get here and be a piece of junk. The store had 100% positive feedback record over the last seven years, so we just crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. Luckily, the bed is surprisingly nice and one of the more solid ones that we've come across. We're pretty happy with them, and the boys love them, too! The only drawback was that it took us over 3 hours to put together...it wasn't our fault. The beds came with NOTHING pre-assembled (besides the headboards and footboards) and a HUGE bag of hardware. The instructions were a little confusing, and the pictures were too small to be of much help. We think that if we had to do it again, it might only take us an hour. James wasn't complaining too much, though, because he got to use his new power drill that he got for Christmas...he loves it, by the way.
Matthew loves being able to sleep on the top bunk. I thought that it might scare him, but he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. We have to keep telling him it's a bed, not a toy...we'll see if he ends up listening to us. For right now, he definitely thinks it's a toy...hopefully we don't have ER visits and broken bones in our future!




5 comments:
Hi Heather! We are looking into bunkbeds too! What ebay store did you buy it from??
we bought it from Jordan Furniture...I would highly recommend them.
By the way, when are you due?
Those are the coolest beds! So, are you going to have all three boys in the same room? I am worried about having BJ and whistler in the same room. I hope it works out as well as it did for Matthew and Ethan.
So, are you starting to get huge yet, or is that just me? They say the babies weigh 5 or 6 pounds by now, but I think they forgot it 0. It has to be more like 50 or 60 pounds.
Hi Heather, I am having my little guy on March 13 via c-section! It'll be fun!! ~Shannon
P.S. Thanks for your nice note!!!
Post a Comment