Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Matthew Lost a Tooth!

Matthew lost his very first tooth a few weeks ago. Somehow with all the hustle and bustle that's been going on around here, I forgot to post it, so here it is:

I was trying to help him pull it out, but I'm too much of a chicken, and James ended up doing it instead. Kind of gross, but there was a loud POP when James tugged it free.

Sorry for all the blood and gore, but we like to keep it real here on this blog :) After almost two weeks of a very wiggly tooth, it finally came out. Matthew said it didn't hurt that much. And, I sewed him a stuffed robot with a pocket on the front for the toothfairy hand-off. Even while the tooth was in the pocket, Matthew managed to lose it right before bedtime. He was really upset, but luckily the toothfairy still came. She wrote him a note saying that since it was his first tooth, she came anyways, but she can't give him any more chances :)

3 comments:

Lhone said...

I KNOW THAT POP! uhhhhh..shudder... brings back BAD memories. Glad he is so happy about it. And, Brandon lost his first tooth too. we never did find it.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Reminds me of the roots on his dad's teeth - they are tough!

Andrea said...

So much easier when they "know" you can just hand them over the cash and be done. Tooth - trash - hand - cash.