Last night, we decided to have a little good free fun. We went to Bridal Veil Falls and had a picnic dinner. After dinner, we walked through the park, threw rocks into the river, saw the falls, and then did a little letterboxing. It was only the second time that we've gone, but it's really fun. You can look up clues to find letterboxes on the internet HERE - they're hidden all over the US. Letterboxes are small weatherproof boxes hidden in different locations, containing a log book and a special stamp. To go letterboxing you need to have your own stamp, stamp pad, a pen and some sort of notebook/logbook. Once you find the letterbox, you take your stamp and stamp its logbook and sign it. Then you take the stamp from the letterbox, and stamp your logbook. Then you put everything back in the box and hide it again for others to find. It's really fun, and the boys LOVED going on a treasure hunt. I don't think they actually believed me when I said that we were going to go find a treasure in the woods. When we found it, they were SO excited. I have to admit that it is a little bit of a rush to find them, and I think we'll be doing some more letterboxing in the near future.
The excited little treasure hunters.






2 comments:
that's okay...James never was good at finding things anyway :)
We're still finding Natalie's eggs from Easter!
Post a Comment