Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Scary?


Yesterday it was really, really nice outside. I let the boys play out in the backyard (which happens to be one of my favorite features of this house) and I brought out my camera to practice with my new lens that I got for Christmas. Ethan cracks me up. He loves to have his picture taken, and pulls all kinds of faces...like the one in this picture. Now, I really like this picture of Ethan because it shows who he is: a little goofball. But, I also think if you didn't know Ethan (or maybe even if you do), this is kind of a scary picture. What do you think, does it say "demon child" to you?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It's hard to look at that face and think "Demon Child". Too cute...

Lhone said...

What the new lens do?

Heather - said...

Well, it's just a different focal length than I'm used to, and it opens up to f/1.8...which means it creates really nice bokeh (background blurring). It's a 50mm prime lens (it doesn't zoom), and so I need practice moving myself instead of being lazy and zooming in. Also, I needed practice with using the lens all the way opened up...I needed to see just how much of the picture would blur when set to f/1.8.
And, it's a nice, sharp lens and I was practicing making sure their eyes were in focus and that they had nice catch-lights (sparkles from reflected light).
If you ever get into dslr photography, the 50mm f/1.8 by Nikkor is a great lens to have - awesome quality, and pretty inexpensive.
Hopefully that answered your question :)

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

No, he doesn't. Grandma Hatch

Jackie said...

I agree with Grandma Hatch! He's too cute!
Grandma Hays