Well, it's that time of year, and we made our annual trek to the oh-so-festive Home Depot to pick out our "live" Christmas tree (they were probably cut a long time ago, so I don't know how fresh they really are!) We went for FHE and it seems that everyone had the same idea, because we saw family after family there picking out their trees, too. Matthew was so excited, and had to make sur
e that we did everything just like we did it last year (that means we had to have hot chocolate with marshmallows and watch whatever Christmas special was on TV...a Charlie Brown Christmas...while we decorated). Ethan thought that the lights were great, and "help
ed" as much as he could. Matthew was pretty much as excited as he could be, and could hardly contain himself. Of course, some of that excitement could have had som
ething to do with the fact that I used real candy canes to decorate the tree, and more than a few have made their way into the boys' tummies...pretty much everytime I turn around one or both of them have a candy cane dangling from their sticky little mouths. I also suspect that Ethan may have consumed some of the plastic wrapping on the candycanes. He tries to be s
neaky (he knows he's being naughty) so it's not like he can run up and ask me to unwrap it...little monkey! Matthew's solution is to just blame Ethan..."he took it off the tree, I'm just eating it. It was Ethan!" Right. In retrospect, maybe the candycane decorations weren't such a great idea after all.
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment