Friday, October 9, 2009

It Could Happen Any Day, But Probably Won't for Awhile

So, I'm almost 38 weeks, which is a whole week past full term. So, technically, Natalie could make her debut at any moment, any moment. But, probably won't. I tend to have my babies within a day or two of my "guess date" (thank you hypnobabies for the cool new terminology). Even though I've already dropped, I still think it will be a couple of more weeks. I've declined to have my cervix checked this time...unpleasant experience, and tells me nothing, as I usually walk around for a couple of weeks 85% effaced and at a 3.
But, things are looking good. My weight gain has plateaued, she's moving around a lot, and she's in the ideal position for birth.
My only complaint is being super sore in my back and pelvis, especially at night when I have to get up, and in the morning when I wake. I tend to hobble more than walk these days, but it's not too bad.
I'm getting excited to see her, and I'm really looking forward to the birth, but I'm still fine with it being a couple of weeks off. I still have some things that I want to finish before she's born. I'm this close to finishing her blessing dress and blanket, and then I just have a few odds and ends that I'd like to get done if I have the time. I've painted the crib a nice apple green...I know, not everyone's cup of tea, but I LOVE it. I'll post pictures when we get it set up.
I also finally found a bed for Justin on Craigslist today. It wasn't an incredibly amazing deal, but it was pretty good - much cheaper than it was looking like we were going to have to spend. I got the bed, mattress, boxsprings, and bedding for just a little more than I was going to have spend on the mattress alone (the cheapest mattress I could find was $130 at DI), and the best part is, they've all never been used. It's all been sitting in a model home for the last couple of years. Woohoo!! Justin was so proud of himself when I got it all set up. He LOVES it. I just hope that he doesn't fall out!
Anyways, sorry for the rambling post.

PS Pray that Natalie hangs in there for at least one more day :)

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck! And I would LOVE an apple green bed for my kids. Just feel lucky you have a husband that does too!

Lhone said...

I hope at least James makes it home to be there too. Good luck. I'm jealous your at the end of the pregnancy. I hope it goes well, and that Natalie is a good baby.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Apple green, how fun. Why wouldn't James make it home? Did I miss something?
Cindy

Heather - said...

James was in Minneapolis for a few days for a job fair. I wasn't very worried that I would go into labor early, but I'm glad that he's home now and don't have to worry about that at least!

Candida Marie said...

she better stay in there till i take your maternity pictures!!!!!

Heather - said...

I know! We just have to make it until Saturday. I'm sure I'll still be pregnant, I've never gone more than a couple of days early. I'm so looking forward to it!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I'm sorry about all of the pain! That and the lack of sleep at the end are the worst parts of pregnancy for me. Way to hang in there!

Claire said...

Did you do a hypnobabies class? I'm loving mine! :o)

Kricket said...

The things you are making are A-mazing!

Heather - said...

Claire,
James and I are finishing up our hypnobabies class this week. I love it, too. I've never looked forward to a birth like I am this time!

Michelle said...

According to you count on the side of your blog, your baby should be one day old today. I am jealous. 7 more weeks for me just seems tooooooo long. Good luck. We have been thinking about your guys all week.

Heather - said...

Yes...according to the counter. Still waiting. :)