It is so good to be a Cougar again, not just in spirit, but a real Cougar...though who am I kidding? I guess James is the one who is the Cougar...wait does this mean that I don't get an MBA at the end of two years? What a reality check! Anyways, we bought all sport passes this year, so we get to go to ALL BYU sporting events. We are so excited. Yesterday was the season opener for the Cougs, and we had a lot of fun...after the sun got blocked by some clouds and Matthew stopped complaining about being so thirsty. We won 41 to 17, though if you ask James, he'll only tell you how terribly they played, not that we killed the competition.
This picture is funny because James and I totally forgot about game-day traffic, and were stuck in it trying to get to the stadium. This guy was walking up University Ave., and was passing us, the ones in the car. We're pretty sure he made it to the stadium before we did.
Matthew was miserable at first (which means I was miserable, too.) We had to walk a long ways, the bleaches were too hot to sit on, and I think he felt like he was constantly going to fall because he was very clingy the first half of the game. But, through it all, he was happy to be there. Every morning when we take James to school, he makes sure to point out the stadium, and is counting down the days until the next game. He also kept really good tabs on Cosmo (the mascot), and wants me to pull off a small miracle next game in the form of a personal introduction. He's prayed for it, though, so who knows?
Who doesn't need a picture of popcorn on their blog?
And, this is the reason why Ethan comes to the games. So much like his mother! (For the record, I really do like going to the football games...I even started tearing up when the players first ran out onto the field, I was that happy to be there. And no, I'm not pregnant, I'm just emotional.)




2 comments:
I love your pictures, Heather! Dad and I went to the Ravalli County Fair and saw the photographs that were entered in the fair. You would have blown away the competiton (even if I do say so myself). I'm like you. Something about going to a football game makes being on campus seem real!
Love, Mom
What cool pictures! It looks like you guys had good seats. I'm so jealous. We listened to the game on am radio. Not quite the same experience, I'm sure. Your kids are going to grow up being all into BYU games.
Post a Comment