It doesn't feel like it, but I guess we haven't been doing much this past week because I don't have a themed story to write about. So, I guess I'll just give you a run-down on what we've been up to.
My parents came down from MT to help Robb (the younger bro) find a car (okay, so things haven't really been that boring). They were successful...Robb got a silver Honda Civic. He has yet to pick out a name for it...I'll keep you posted.
On Sunday, we went down to Orem to have dinner with them and most of the family currently living in Utah. My grandma made a zucchini casserole that was really, really good, and Robb announced that he just discovered that girls like to be complimented (go figure!). His compliment of choice is "I like your face." I'll keep you posted on how that works for him. Another startling discovery was that Brett (the older bro) looks surprisingly good in purple (he, being a redhead). Who would've thunk?
It's always good to be with family and see my parents, and we definitely miss them when they're not around.
On Monday, I went to an oral surgeon to have a consultation visit about my wisdom teeth. My bottom two wisdom teeth are impacted (they'll never come in completely because they're slightly under my back molars...potentially causing a host of problems) and they have to go...actually, they're taking all four out...yay me. The day of doom is scheduled for June 9, but that's probably not going to work out. James can't get that day off work, and he has to be home to drive me to and from the oral surgeon's, and apparently stay with me all day. The day that works the best for him is June 3, that's right, my birthday. What a present. I don't know if I can reschedule for that day, but if I can't we're looking at the beginning of July. I'll keep you posted.
In happier news, James found out that he got a scholarship from BYU. It's not enough to completely cover tuition, but every little bit helps. I'm really proud of him!
Ethan gets his staples taken out on Friday, but knowing him, we'll be back all-too-soon for some more. It's practically a miracle that he hasn't opened his head back up as it is.
Matthew has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. He's been having some mild hearing problems of late. After going to the doctor, and then a specialist, it's been determined that he has some fluid trapped behind his eardrums, making sounds really muffled...about the equivalent of trying to hear underwater. At least now we can blame some of his disobedience on a legitimate hearing problem. They've put him on an antibiotic that will hopefully get rid of the fluid (probably left over from an ear infection over two years ago!). If that doesn't work, they'll put in tubes to drain it away, and his hearing should return to normal. We'll have to go back to a specialist and have him re-tested in a month. Again, I'll keep you posted.
Justin moved from our room to the boys' room last night. He did well. He's been sleeping from about 10:30pm to 4 or 5am, so he's doing good. And, it's nice to have our room back.
We've had 13 people look at our house, but no takers. We'll sell it, right?
Well, that's about it. Like I said, we've been busy, but nothing terribly exciting, of course that could be a good thing if the exciting news includes things like taking Ethan in to get his head stapled back together...
PS I use the phrase "I'll keep you posted" way, way, way too much. I'll have to work on that...I'll keep you posted.
1 year ago




2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the boys' feet picture!!!!!!!!!! So cute Heather!!
As usual, you came up with another beautiful picture. You may have to e-mail that one to me, too! Your blog makes my day!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment