Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Five Things Challenge


Five things I was doing 10 years ago...
I have to say that I don't love the fact that I have a "10 years ago" to write about...What? I'm not 18 anymore?
1. I had just decided that I wanted to be a free-lance photographer for National Geographic (My family had recently taken an impromptu trip to Glacier...when we got in the car, we had no idea where we were headed. We ended up in Glacier and spent the night in Kallispell...we hadn't even brought a change of clothes because we hadn't planned on spending the night anywhere. It was on that trip, surrounded by the beautiful autumn colors at Lake Macdonald, that I decided I wanted to be a photographer...I got my Nikon SLR for my 16th birthday about 6 months later.)
2. I was really involved in Pep Band...my favorite extra-curricular activity
3. I was counting down the days to my 16th birthday, even though I didn't go on my first "real" date until I was a freshman at BYU (blind dates to prom don't count as "real dates"!!)
4. My friend, Jennifer, and I decided to "hit the weight room" everyday after school in preparation for tennis season in the spring...yeah, that lasted like two days!
5. I was super obsessed with my grades, I just HAD to get into BYU!
Five things on my "to-do" list today
1. Shower and get dressed (done)...yes, basic hygiene makes my to-do list these days
2. Do some Christmas shopping
3. Make toffee (why? because I like it)
4. Finish up a project I've been working on
5. Check e-bay to make sure the thing I'm bidding on is still mine
Five snacks I enjoy
1. Gala apples
2. Cheese
3. Chocolate
4. Tootsie Pops
5. Toffee
Five songs I know the lyrics to
People actually know lyrics to songs?
1. Super Why theme song (PBS kids show)
2. Bob the Builder theme song
3. Change Your Mind (All American Rejects)
4. 100 Years (Five For Fighting)
5. Winter Wonderland (yes, I've been listening to Christmas music already)
Five of my bad habits
1. PROCRASTINATION!!!
2. Stressing out over little things that don't matter
3. Spending too much time on ebay (I've only bought two things my whole life, but I spend a lot of time just looking at things)
4. Saying "just a second" when the kids want things, which really means "I hope you forget about it so I can keep doing what I'm doing"
5. This is embarrassing, but not getting out of my pajamas all day...he he
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Pay off our house/move to a bigger "permanent" house
2. Go on a really nice vacation with James
3. Buy the best digital SLR camera on the market
4. Hire a housekeeper
5. Save and invest
Five things I will never wear again
1. Pink stretch pants with purple and white layered scrunch socks
2. Hot pink anything...that used to be my color of choice back in the day
3. Huge colorful bows in my hair
4. A perm...they don't hold in my hair, they look bad (on me), and it's just not a good thing for me
5. A t-shirt tied in a knot on one side
Five of my favorite toys
1. Digital camera
2. Stereo
3. Lip gloss
4. Little Women (the book)
5. All my scrapbook supplies
Five friends I am going to "tag"
1. James
2. Andrea
3. Lisa
4-5. I don't know anymore people with blogs, so EVERYONE else has to email me their list

0 comments: