Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gratitude

We gave up a lot for James to get his MBA: a house that I loved very much (although it was a small one), our friends, a job, a debt-free life (besides our mortgage), and as it turned out, a portion of our independence, mental stability, and a lot of our pride :) And even though the road turned out to be harder and longer than it is for most, and harder and longer than we could have ever anticipated, we have never regretted the decision. We haven't loved every minute of it, mind you, but we never regretted the decision.


As a wife, there are few things more heartbreaking than seeing your husband undervalued and seemingly un-needed in his job. As James used to say, "A monkey could do my job". He hated feeling unsatisfied in his work, like he was expendable - and I hated witnessing that. I would have walked through hell just to see him happy, and for several months last year, I think I did.

James left the house at 4:30 this morning and won't be home until well into the night. Instead of complaining, I am intensely grateful. Grateful that he has a job, grateful that he loves his job, and grateful that he is needed in his job.

2 comments:

Kricket said...

How did I miss this. I don't think I have heard about where James is working? Do we get to hear more details soon? You can e-mail me directly if you have time. I would love to hear what you guys are up to these days.

Lhone said...

WOO HOO FOR A JOB!!